Hypnotherapy is particularly effective for overcoming stress and anxiety as it is both relaxing and connects to the unconscious mind so completely.
I specialize in helping people become more relaxed and free from worry and anxiety. I got help that took me from living with almost constant worry to where I now relax and enjoy life.
Anxiety and worry are unconscious habits. We simply find them welling up and they can ruin or even determine our day’s activities. We don’t chose to be anxious but our minds will keep generating anxiety unless we learn how to stop it.
Often life experiences will reinforce patterns of worry. By resolving the emotions that are powering the habits and patterns of anxiety the issue can be much reduced. Anxiety and worry play a useful role at a healthy level. They contribute to things such as looking both ways before crossing a road for example. What I do is to get control of out of control anxiety and worry and bring it to an easy, useful, healthy level which allows you to succeed more and enjoy life
Human beings are not built to withstand constant high levels of stress and anxiety. We never have enough time, we over commit ourselves for fear of failure or looking weak in front of others.
I was in a total panic about everything, I couldn’t concentrate, I was a mess. Working and studying put real pressure on my relationship, I couldn’t sleep for worrying about deadlines and exams. I always felt sick and tired and felt embarrassed about not being able to control my bowels. David showed me techniques to put a perspective on things and manage my time more effectively by learning to relax and now I feel and cope much better than before.
The most common symptoms of anxiety are:
- Poor sleep – Usually taking a very long time to fall asleep, but sometimes broken sleep.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome – Pressure to go to the toilet when worrying. On-going pain, flatulence, or diarrhoea.
- Absent-mindedness – forgetting simple thing like what you came into a room for, where you left your keys etc.
- Hyper-vigilance – spotting small detail, quickly summing people up, noticing what might be at risk of being knocked off a table before the others do etc.
- Worrying about what others think – Re-running conversations you’ve had, and worrying whether you were misunderstood or if you got your point across, second guessing your decisions, etc.
- Avoiding trying in case you might fail and thus waste the opportunity – The feeling of ‘If you don’t try you can’t be seen to fail’.
- Avoiding people or situations that make you anxious – often including avoiding: individual people, going out socially, making appointments, crowds, speaking in public etc.
- Procrastination – putting off what you want to do or need to do. For example: often watching TV, playing online games or video games, can keep tasks off your mind. Usually this occurs where any task feels crushing or pressured and you just avoid it even though it’ll be more urgent and more pressure later.
- Frequent pain or ‘butterflies’ in the belly when worrying.
- Tiredness and lowered immune system – catching colds more often, taking longer to recover from infections etc. Very often people with chronic anxiety are tired in the mornings and have energy late at night.
Fears / Phobias
In cases where a phobia has developed without a clear single traumatic event evident as the cause Hypnotherapy can give great success to relieving the difficulties.
The mechanism whereby the brain creates the fear/phobic reaction is similar to traumatic phobias and the brain can relearn a better method to help you. The mind is still trying to protect you when it makes you have a fear reaction around the phobia and all we need to do is to give your mind a better way of helping you.
In phobias the reaction is purely unconscious, you don’t decide to react with fear or panic, it just wells up. Hypnotherapy is ideal to treat such difficulties as hypnosis connects with the unconscious part of the mind and emotions so easily, allowing us to offer the mind a new and better way of helping you. It’s this desire for the mind to help you as best it can that allows us to create long lasting improvements in life.
Limited Free initial consultations available
Through hypnotherapy you can learn to respond in a more positive manner to the triggers of stress / anxiety, fears and phobias and free yourself from stress/anxiety disorder, gaining real and lasting relief from stress and anxiety, fears and phobias.
For more information on how I can help you, please contact me. I’ll be happy to chat and answer any questions you might have about what assistance I can give
Phone: 085 843 59 39
The BodyWise Clinic
25 Suffolk Street