As you go into the new year, ask yourself: What lesson did you learn this past year that you wish you’d known earlier? What will you do now to transform that regret into action?
With this recent series of earthquakes, record-breaking hurricanes, and fires – it seems more important than ever to discuss the impacts of natural disasters on human happiness.
You do not need to have the answers but you can help someone look for them.
Hear to Listen – Here to Help
Makes sense Right?
Or should that be Left?
What is your black cat?
- Self Doubt
Is it difficult to find where it is?
Then perhaps it doesn’t exist…
As a weight control professional I am often asked how to actually kick start getting rid of unwanted weight . With entrenched habits it can often be a struggle for those looking to begin this without taking up a restricted diet. I am not a fan of restricted diets because they more often than not feel like straight jackets and encourage you to think even more about food, something you absolutely don’t want to be doing. Of course it is important to be mindful about food, but not obsessed. Furthermore research would indicate that those undertaking a rigid diet end up piling the weight back on and in some cases more.
So where do you start?
What actions are important?
What will keep you on the weight control wagon?
The good news is that you can control weight and you can begin to feel the person you want to be.
Want to start feeling better about yourself? Here are Seven tips to help you get rid of the weight for good. I am always free to teach you number 5:
1. Ensure that you have a natural and relaxed control over food.
Remind yourself daily that you own the natural control over food. Encourage your mind that any fixation with food has melted and you are now in a position where you are the boss of food as opposed to the other way around.
2. Experience hunger and fill this space with activity that stimulates your mind.
Having been used to eating more than you need it is inescapable that there will be times that you feel hungry. What is important here is to fill the time you feel the hunger. Keep busy so that your mind is stimulated. It will help you forget about food.
3. Start glamming up!
Let the change begin. Do not wait until you achieve your ideal weight; start grooming yourself as one of the best right now. In other words take some pride in the way you look from today so that it indicates change. And think about treating yourself to something that makes you feel good about yourself.
4. Go 80 /20 on the food intake.
Rather than undertaking some complicated diet start living life the 80-20 way. In other words start planning meals so that you eat healthily for 80% of the time and some ‘junk’ for the remaining 20%. Denial is doomed so be realistic with your meals. However be certain you manage the portion.
5. Learn self hypnosis.
As a hypnotherapist I am well aware of the benefits hypnosis brings. Take time to research how self hypnosis works and treat yourself to a few sessions with a reputable clinical hypnotherapist to help you learn how to do self hypnosis for weight control . This will help program your control over food and it can be used daily to spur on your will power.
6. Police excuses.
As soon as you hear yourself making excuses delete them from your mind. Excuses are the absolute toxin of weight control. Have the attitude that there is always a solution to a challenge.
7. Be excited and celebrate.
It is essential that you remain excited about your weight control. Take your mind off the passion about yourself and it will not be long before you are regaining weight. Keep thinking of the changes you are making and let them excite you. Begin seeing yourself as a quality product and not someone that is in the rejects bin. As the weight drops be sure to celebrate by treating yourself to something that makes you feel better about yourself.
Remember getting rid of unwanted weight does not have to be a struggle. It can be exciting! With your mindset and motivation in the right place you will do it. It really is all in the mind