As we approach World Mental Health Day on Saturday 10th October , please let me share some Irish mental health facts and 10 tips to boost your mental health resistance.
1 in 3 who attend a family doctor have a mental health aspect to their medical problem.
By the age of 65 1 in 9 will spend some time in mental health care.
10 tips to boost your mental health resistance;
- Have the courage to be imperfect
- Take time out for yourself
- Sign up for that course, join that club
- Be active everyday in as many ways as you can
- Spend time with people who make you feel good
- Laugh out loud each day
- Get a good nights sleep
- Share the work-load, get everyone involved
- Try to be positive and focus on things you can control
- Talk about your troubles and seek help early
Take care and do what you can one step at a time.